Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sneijder not looking for summer move




Wesley Sneijder has distanced himself from suggestions that he is looking to move away from Inter Milan this summer.

The Dutch playmaker was strongly touted for a move to Manchester United last summer, but has apparently not attracted similar attention a year later after a disappointing trip to the Euro 2012 finals with the Netherlands.

Andrea Stramaccioni is the Italian club's new coach and Sneijder said: "I want to start over and do well with Inter.

“I am an Inter player and have not thought about leaving. If a good offer comes in and I like it, then we’ll see…

“Currently I have not received any offers and I do not want to leave. My desire is to win it all here and provide great satisfaction to the president, directors and fans.

“Last season I did not enjoy at all and also at the European Championships with the Netherlands I did not play well. At 28 I want to be playing me best, to win everything. I cannot waste time.

“The team is a bit different this year, they are no longer the Inter of 2010. Compared to two years ago in have arrived players of quality, who are good, but younger.

“Even the coach is new and we like how he trains and plays football. Together we are aiming to win.

“Yes, it is a new Inter because of the things that have changed. I see a nice mix of experienced and young players. We shall do well.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...