Friday, August 31, 2012

Andy Caroll to West ham as loan

 

 England forward signs for Hammers on season-long loan from Liverpool


England forward Andy Carroll has joined West Ham United on a season-long loan deal from Liverpool.

The 23-year-old, who on Thursday was named in Roy Hodgson's England squad for the upcoming World Cup Qualifiers with Moldova and Ukraine, agreed a move to Upton Park after holding talks with Hammers boss Sam Allardyce.

Carroll said: "It's great to be here at West Ham and all signed up - I just can't wait to get started now.

"I want to be playing games and obviously hoping to score some goals.

“I know the manager well and some of the lads, so it is nice for me to come to a place where I know people.

"I'm hoping to add a lot of goals and create a few chances. I know Sam from Newcastle and he was a massive reason for me coming.

“When I worked with him at Newcastle it was great so it was a no-brainer really."

Allardyce added: "I think for all parties this is a great signing. Andy is an all-round footballer, but because he is 6ft 3in and one of his strengths is his aerial power, everybody dismisses the ability he possesses on the floor.

"Hopefully he can score goals for us and we will be in a very good position at the end of the year in the Premier League."

Carroll joined Liverpool in a club record £35million deadline day deal in January 2011. He scored nine goals for the Reds last season but did not command a regular starting place.

However, he began to impress towards the end of the campaign and shone at Euro 2012 with the Three Lions, scoring a header in the 3-2 win over Sweden.

Tickets are still on sale for England's match against Ukraine at Wembley on 11 September, so make sure you're here for the first competitive home match of Hodgson's era.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...